An extensive blackout struck Manhattan on Saturday night as power was lost in Midtown, Hells Kitchen and the Upper West Side. Street lights were reported knocked out on Columbus Ave. on the Upper West Side, and a power outage was also reported in Rockefeller Center around 7 p.m. "We are responding to extensive outages on the west side of Manhattan," said Con Ed spokesman Michael Clendenin. "It's equipment issues, and we are working to restore customers," Clendenin said. More than 42,000 Con Ed customers had lost electricity by around 8 p.m. Clendenin didn't know how long the power might be out.
- Outside Trump Rally, Teen Band Plays New Song: “CNN SUCKS!” (VIDEO)
- Goldman: The Low Volatility Makes No Sense In Light Of What’s Coming
- Bernie Fights for $15 Minimum Wage for Americans: Pays $13 to His Own Campaign Staff
- Microsoft Beat Sends S&P Back Over 3,000 As Fed Confusion Dings Global Rally
- Pelosi Rejects Latest White House Offer On Debt-Ceiling Deal As Talks Stall