An armed man was fatally shot early Saturday during a confrontation with police after he hurled incendiary devices at a Washington state immigration detention center, Tacoma police said. The shooting occurred about 4 a.m. local time outside the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Northwest Detention Center, where the man attempted to set the building and parked cars on fire, according to police spokeswoman Loretta Cool. Authorities did not immediately identify the man who was armed with a rifle, saying in a statement the "medical examiner will release the identity of the victim when it is appropriate."
- Caitlin Johnstone: Truth is a Kremlin talking point
- EXPLAINED: The Soviet Jews at the Center of Trump, Giuliani’s Ukraine Obsession
- Poland’s LGBT-Pride Events Use Paid Actors
- 100 birds die after flying into NASCAR Hall of Fame building over 1 hour period
- Seven-story residential building collapses in Fortaleza, Brazil