An armed man was fatally shot early Saturday during a confrontation with police after he hurled incendiary devices at a Washington state immigration detention center, Tacoma police said. The shooting occurred about 4 a.m. local time outside the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Northwest Detention Center, where the man attempted to set the building and parked cars on fire, according to police spokeswoman Loretta Cool. Authorities did not immediately identify the man who was armed with a rifle, saying in a statement the "medical examiner will release the identity of the victim when it is appropriate."
- Bernie Fights for $15 Minimum Wage for Americans: Pays $13 to His Own Campaign Staff
- Large waterspout spotted during tornado warning for New Orleans East
- BEST OF THE WEB: In season 3, Stranger Things’ celebration of ’80s pop culture becomes a political ideology
- Extreme fraud at the Union of Concerned Scientists
- NSFW! (Adults Only) A Disturbing Look at HBO’s New Underage Soft-Porn Series ‘Euphoria’