The Pentagon's military posture based on post-Cold War dominance will not work against new Russian and Chinese strategies and must be urgently updated, or the US risks losing a war against either power, a new report warns. America needs a "new way of war," according to a report authored by Chris Dougherty of the Center for New American Security (CNAS) and published on Wednesday. "For the first time in decades, it is possible to imagine the United States fighting-and possibly losing-a large-scale war with a great power," Dougherty warns. While the US remains stuck in the "implicit and explicit mental framework" for military strategy and operations that emerged during the 1991 Gulf War, he adds, China and Russia have been devising new strategies and weapons to defeat the US in war should that become necessary.
- Kim Kardashian: Kanye West is ‘born again, saved by Christ’
- Nuclear War With Russia “Winnable” Said Trump’s Incoming National Security Advisor
- Meditation for the Bahamas every 4 hours
- Eric Holder: ‘There Is A Cost to The Nation by Putting Trump on Trial’
- REPORT: Over A Million Households Have Risen To Middle Class Under Trump, According To Census Data