The Pentagon's military posture based on post-Cold War dominance will not work against new Russian and Chinese strategies and must be urgently updated, or the US risks losing a war against either power, a new report warns. America needs a "new way of war," according to a report authored by Chris Dougherty of the Center for New American Security (CNAS) and published on Wednesday. "For the first time in decades, it is possible to imagine the United States fighting-and possibly losing-a large-scale war with a great power," Dougherty warns. While the US remains stuck in the "implicit and explicit mental framework" for military strategy and operations that emerged during the 1991 Gulf War, he adds, China and Russia have been devising new strategies and weapons to defeat the US in war should that become necessary.
- Elizabeth Warren Uses PC Term ‘Latinx’ In First Dem Debate. Will It Catch On?
- Censorship of Conservatives: Google and Twitter shadow-banning content and censoring ads
- Democrat Presidential Candidates Would Have Released 144,000 Migrants Into U.S. Last Month
- Trump Slams “FAKE NEWS” NBC and MSNBC Over Democrat Debate Audio Malfunction That Forced Commercial Break
- Democrat Candidate Julian Castro Says Biological Men Must Be Granted Abortion Rights (VIDEO)