A chaotic scene erupted in the Frayser area Wednesday evening following an officer-involved shooting, with heavily armed police facing off against an angry, rock-throwing crowd. Comment: Notice how, right up front, the protesters are presented as a baying, dangerous mob. That may well turn out to be an accurate description, but people don't generally 'go ballistic' for no good reason... Rain and tear gas had largely dispersed the crowd by 11 p.m. as officers on horseback patrolled, but not until after agitated onlookers and police clashed in a volatile situation that left several officers injured by flying debris, according to Memphis Police Deputy Director Mike Ryall. None were injured seriously. Comment: CNN reports 24 injured officers, though just 6 required hospitalization. Officials from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation took over the scene since a law enforcement officer was involved in a shooting. Before dawn Thursday, Keli McAlister, TBI's public information officer for...
- Al-Qaeda, ISIS, Afghanistan and an Opportunity for the West
- “There’s No Way Out”: Johnson Slams “Undemocratic” Irish Backstop In Letter To European Council
- Sweden: Pepper Spray Sales Surge 90% Amidst Rape Concerns
- Mercedes Caught Spying On Drivers With Tracking Devices, Sending Info To Bailiffs
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Calls The Electoral College A Scam – Claims That It’s Racist