Back in February, Rep. Ilhan Omar made her "Benjamins" crack followed by the comment about people who have "allegiance to a foreign country", and one good thing to come out of the controversy was a discussion between [Forward Senior Columnist] Peter Beinart and Deborah Lipstadt at the Forward about the dual loyalty charge against Jews and Israel. I listened to it for the first time yesterday, and Beinart is as usual, intellectually brave. Beinart says dual loyalty is inherent in the ways in which American Jews support Israel. I want to talk about the even more sensitive subject that she raised, which is the question of dual loyalty, or dual allegiance. I'll be honest, I haven't written this because I feel like it's too sensitive, but I have talked about it. So my kids go to Jewish day school. When I tried to talk about this subject to them, they were somewhat confused, because they essentially thought that a loyalty - allegiance - to the United States and to Israel was what was...
- What ancient humans live on in our DNA?
- Jim Jordan Goes There – Calls Out Obama’s Corrupt Officials During Hatch Act Hearing – Defends Kellyanne Conway (VIDEO)
- Russia reinforces Iranian air defense, mobilizes advisers for support
- Russian Parliament approves law on growth of opioid plants for drug production
- Beto O’Rourke Says “Trump Is Responsible” For Death Of Would-Be Illegals