A private group announced Monday that it has constructed a half-mile wall along a section of the U.S.-Mexico border in New Mexico, in what it said was a first in the border debate. The 18-foot steel bollard wall is similar to the designs used by the Border Patrol, sealing off a part of the border that had been a striking gap in existing fencing, according to We Build the Wall, the group behind the new section. The section was also built faster and, organizers say, likely more cheaply than the government has been able to manage in recent years. Kris Kobach, a former secretary of state in Kansas and an informal immigration adviser to President Trump, says the New Mexico project has the president's blessing and says local Border Patrol agents are eager to have the assistance.
- Kim Kardashian: Kanye West is ‘born again, saved by Christ’
- Meditation for the Bahamas every 4 hours
- REPORT: Over A Million Households Have Risen To Middle Class Under Trump, According To Census Data
- AR-15’s are flying off the shelf after AZ gun store introduces the ‘Beto Special’
- 2 arrested for dangling girl, 5, upside down