Canada's updated trade agreement with Israel violates international law, the UN Special Rapporteur for the [occupied] Palestinian territories, Professor S. Michael Lynk, has said in an article published by the Australian news site, The Conversation. Commenting on legislation known as Bill C-85 - the Canada-Israel Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act - which received royal assent on Monday, Lynk said that it lacks "a human rights provision, which would commit both parties to uphold international human rights and humanitarian law." The Act also allows goods and services originating on illegal Israeli settlements to enter Canada without any tariffs.These "glaring" omissions, said Lynk, not only violate international law but also Canadian law. The article, which was co-written with Alex Neve, the Secretary General of Amnesty International Canada, explained that Canadian foreign policy and Ottawa's own legislation "has long recognised the Israeli settlements as illegal under the...
- ‘Godfather’ Star: Shame on Cuomo’s Fredo Meltdown … Made a Fool of Himself
- President Trump: “Journalism” Has Reached New Low – Nothing More than an “Evil Propaganda Machine for Democrat Party”
- Epstein bought small women’s panties in jail
- Planned Parenthood braces for serious financial jolt from Trump
- Lessons From Venezuela: Violence, Crime, & Gangs When SHTF