Washington is ready to impose sanctions against the European financial settlement (INSTEX) mechanism, which would allow trade to continue between the EU and Iran, US Special Representative to Iran Brian Hook warned on Thursday. The financial channel, which was announced by Germany, France and the UK in January, is aimed to enable "legitimate trade" with Iran in the wake of US sanctions against the Islamic Republic. "If this mechanism starts working ... We are ready to impose sanctions on any activity subject to restrictions," Hook said during a telephone briefing.
- Judge Tosses Lawsuit of Former Campaign Staffer Alva Johnson Who Accused Candidate Trump of Kissing Her
- Doug Casey Debunks Four Myths About Trump, Taxes, & The Economy
- AP Praises Caliphate-Seeking Jihadis in Indonesia for Charitable Work
- Meet “Gekko”: The Robot Bond Trader Being Developed By Quant Funds
- Russia builds dozens of airports while Berlin struggles to complete Brandenburg after 13 years of delays