Journalist Whitney Webb recently tweeted a 2010 video clip I'd never seen before featuring US National Security Advisor John Bolton defending the use of deception in advancing military agendas, which highlights something we should all be paying attention to as Trump administration foreign policy becomes increasingly Boltonized. On a December 2010 episode of Fox News' Freedom Watch, Bolton and the show's host Andrew Napolitano were debating about recent WikiLeaks publications, and naturally the subject of government secrecy came up. "Now I want to make the case for secrecy in government when it comes to the conduct of national security affairs, and possibly for deception where that's appropriate," Bolton said. "You know Winston Churchill said during World War Two that in wartime truth is so important it should be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies." "Do you really believe that?" asked an incredulous Napolitano. "Absolutely," Bolton replied. "You would lie in order to preserve the...
- The Epoch Times hits back at NBC Facebook stories
- In the US, crime does pay: CNN hires disgraced ex-FBI director Andrew McCabe
- How Negative Interest Rates Screw Up The Economy
- HARPA: Trump admin considering use of big tech snooping devices for ‘early diagnosis of neuropsychiatric violence’
- Tucker Carlson: ‘Those who control your words control your mind’