President Donald Trump has unveiled a sweeping proposal to overhaul legal immigration to make the US "envy of the world," but basically admitted it amounts to a Republican campaign platform for 2020. The proposal, reportedly authored principally by Trump's adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, envisions changes to asylum laws in order to prevent abuses of loopholes by migrants crossing the southern border illegally, as well as overhauling the issuance of "green cards" on a merit-based points system, including a requirement that immigrants learn English and pass a civics test. "This is the big, beautiful, bold plan," Trump said at the White House Rose Garden on Thursday, adding adding that it would be nice to have something on a smaller scale implemented sooner.
- Wall Street: Black Markets and Trigger Men
- Diana West – The Bizarre ‘Epstein Barr Syndrome’
- Rare weather event drops more than 1.5 inches of rain at Lubbock airport, Texas
- Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care
- SOTT FOCUS: The Genesis and Evolution of the Jeffrey Epstein, Bill Clinton Relationship: From “Spook Air” to the “Lolita Express”