Darwinian evolution is a brilliant and beautiful scientific theory. Once it was a daring guess. Today it is basic to the credo that defines the modern worldview. Accepting the theory as settled truth -no more subject to debate than the earth being round or the sky blue or force being mass times acceleration- certifies that you are devoutly orthodox in your scientific views; which in turn is an essential first step towards being taken seriously in any part of modern intellectual life. But what if Darwin was wrong? Like so many others, I grew up with Darwin's theory, and had always believed it was true. I had heard doubts over the years from well-informed, sometimes brilliant people, but I had my hands full cultivating my garden, and it was easier to let biology take care of itself. But in recent years, reading and discussion have shut that road down for good. This is sad. It is no victory of any sort for religion. It is a defeat for human ingenuity. It means one less beautiful idea...
- Chart Of The Day: China’s Economy Slows To 4.6% In June
- Mexican Court Opens the Way For ‘Recreational Cocaine’
- Will Dems Keep Trump In The White House By Overplaying Race Card?
- Dow jumps more than 200 points
- Hasan Piker of The Young Turks Declares That ‘America Deserved 9-11,’ Praises ‘Brave Soldier’ Who Took Rep. Crenshaw’s Eye