Venezuelan authorities have arrested National Assembly Vice President Edgar Zambrano, accusing him of conspiracy and treason for his role in the April 30 attempted military putsch. Zambrano was one of the first politicians on the scene to support self-proclaimed "Interim President" Juan Guaido and fugitive opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez in their call for a military uprising to oust the Maduro government. The Democratic Action lawmaker was detained around 18.30 Wednesday evening by the Bolivarian National Intelligence Services (SEBIN) upon leaving his party's headquarters in La Florida district of Caracas. Following his alleged refusal to get out of his car, officers were forced to use a tow truck to take Zambrano to the Helicoide detention facility, where it is believed he continues to be held. Authorities claim he was leaving the party offices with over US $9,000 in his pocket. Zambrano had had his parliamentary immunity from prosecution revoked the day before by the National...
- Microsoft Cuts Ties With Huawei
- Futures, Global Stocks Jump As “Trade Deal Optimism” Makes Scheduled Appearance
- BREAKING: UK’s Theresa May Resigns – Will Lead Country Until Replacement in Place
- Trump: Pelosi Is ‘Disintegrating Before Our Eyes’
- Twitter bans left-wing Krassenstein Bros. for operating fake accounts: report