Earlier, Vice President Mike Pence urged Venezuelan officials to follow a former intelligence chief in breaking ranks with Caracas and joining the opposition, saying that the ex-official has had all previously imposed sanctions against him lifted. US President Donald Trump has expressed frustration with his senior officials over how difficult a task removing Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has proven, anonymous senior administration officials and advisers to the White House have told the Washington Post. According to one senior official, Trump recently joked that National Security Adviser John Bolton wanted to pull him "into a war" in Venezuela, with the joke reportedly revealing more senior concerns. He also complained about Bolton's attempt to box him 'into a corner' and go 'beyond where he felt comfortable' on Venezuela policy, another official familiar with US Venezuela policy said. Furthermore, White House officials said that although the president had an affinity for Juan...
- Chart Of The Day: China’s Economy Slows To 4.6% In June
- Mexican Court Opens the Way For ‘Recreational Cocaine’
- Will Dems Keep Trump In The White House By Overplaying Race Card?
- Dow jumps more than 200 points
- Hasan Piker of The Young Turks Declares That ‘America Deserved 9-11,’ Praises ‘Brave Soldier’ Who Took Rep. Crenshaw’s Eye