Fraternities and sororities will no longer be allowed at Swarthmore College following outrage over years-old documents allegedly written by one fraternity there that contains derogatory comments about women and the LGBTQ community and jokes about sexual assault. School President Valerie Smith made the announcement Friday in a letter posted on the college's website. Smith says the school's lone sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, can continue with its current members through the spring 2022 semester but can't recruit or initiate new members. Swarthmore's decision comes about a week after the only two fraternities at the private liberal arts college in suburban Philadelphia decided to disband following the internal documents' release. "The voluntary disbanding of Phi Psi and Delta Upsilon reflects a broader change in student needs and desires. Exclusive, dues-paying social organizations no longer effectively meet the needs of our residential liberal arts environment," Smith wrote in her...
- What ancient humans live on in our DNA?
- Jim Jordan Goes There – Calls Out Obama’s Corrupt Officials During Hatch Act Hearing – Defends Kellyanne Conway (VIDEO)
- Russia reinforces Iranian air defense, mobilizes advisers for support
- Russian Parliament approves law on growth of opioid plants for drug production
- Beto O’Rourke Says “Trump Is Responsible” For Death Of Would-Be Illegals