A Nxivm cult member who secretly pleaded guilty last week to charges of racketeering conspiracy admitted to keeping her own personal slave locked in a room for two years, newly unsealed court documents reveal. "I knowingly and intentionally harbored Jane Doe 4, a woman whose identity is known to me, in a room in the home in the Northern District of New York," said Lauren Salzman to Brooklyn federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis last week. Salzman told the judge she held the woman hostage between March 2010 and April 2012 "and threatened to deport Jane Doe 4 back to Mexico if she did not complete labor requested by myself and others," court transcripts said. The 42-year-old defendant also admitted during the proceeding to being a member of Nxivm's secret inner organization, DOS, which prosecutors have accused of starving and branding women.
- Russia’s top investigator reveals motive of Crimea school shooter: Bullying and humiliation
- Russia’s Chief of the General Staff Gerasimov: US has been waging ‘hybrid warfare’ against Russia for ages
- Army Veteran Shreds Rep. Ilhan Omar Over Her Anti-American ‘Black Hawk Down’ Tweet
- Former FBI official Bill Priestap: Clinton emails were found in Obama White House
- ‘Dangerous bird that killed Florida man now for sale