The day before we met, human rights campaigner Aref Jaber recorded the arrest of a 9-year-old Palestinian boy, taken out of school in the West Bank city of Hebron by armed Israeli soldiers. His footage shows soldiers inside Ziad Jaber elementary school, arguing with the school principal and other teachers, as they attempt to remove Zein Idris and his 7-year-old brother Taim. At one point on the video, one of the teachers is told that if he does not let go of Zein, the soldier will break the teacher's arm. The age of criminal culpability in Israel -- under both civilian and military law -- is 12, but when the principal points out that the brothers are just young children, an Israeli officer replies, "They threw stones, I don't care how old they are."
- Russia’s top investigator reveals motive of Crimea school shooter: Bullying and humiliation
- Russia’s Chief of the General Staff Gerasimov: US has been waging ‘hybrid warfare’ against Russia for ages
- English Is Not the Official Language of the United States
- Army Veteran Shreds Rep. Ilhan Omar Over Her Anti-American ‘Black Hawk Down’ Tweet
- Former FBI official Bill Priestap: Clinton emails were found in Obama White House