What remains of Western unity does not represent a vision of the future any more It's all about the cross-strait median. No, that's not a drink in a Hong Kong bar. It's the de facto maritime border between continental China and Taiwan. Last Sunday morning, two Chinese J-11 fighters crossed the median and stayed on Taiwanese air space for about 10 minutes - even after Taiwanese interceptors were dispatched. Tsai Ing-wen, the President of Taiwan, defined the incursion by the PLA Air Force as "reckless and provocative." And, ominously, demanded the "forceful expulsion" of Chinese fighter jets if it ever happened again. Well, that used to happen, quite frequently, but only up to 1999, when Beijing and Taipei clinched a deal to make them stop. US mainstream media predictably spun this latest incursion as yet another Chinese provocation, omitting the essential background to what is only one more move in an extremely complex - and dangerous - geopolitical chessboard.
- Creepy Joe Biden Plants a Wet One on Granddaughter’s Lips at Nevada Rally (VIDEO)
- Circumventing The Straits Of Hormuz – Time To Dust Off The Trans-Arabia Canal Project?
- Illegal Aliens Storm Across Texas Border in ‘Waves’ – Assault Border Patrol Agents
- ‘Noose’ Which Sent UMich Dean On Racism Tirade Turns Out To Be Fishing Knot Practice
- MUST SEE: THREE VIDEOS That Prove Radical Squad Leader Rashida Tlaib is a Violent Lunatic with Unchecked Anger Issues