Environment Canada has approved the commercial production of genetically-modified salmon produced in a facility in eastern P.E.I., says the company that owns the facility in a news release. The AquAdvantage salmon, produced by AquaBounty, are modified to grow at a much faster rate than regular salmon. AquaBounty has created a land-based, self-contained facility for the fish in Rollo Bay. Currently, the company has permission to export GM salmon eggs from P.E.I. to a facility in Indiana to be grown out. The USDA approved the import of the eggs to the Indiana plant last month.
- Here We Go-> Pelosi Schedules Monday Conference Call With Top House Dems to Discuss Mueller Report and “Next Steps to be Taken”
- Ilargi Meijer: “They Were All Lying!”
- PLOT TWIST: CNN Contributor Blames Obama & Susan Rice For Russian Meddling Because Obama Wanted Putin Deal
- ‘We pray for the caliphate to return’
- 1/2 of England owned by less than 1% of population