Environment Canada has approved the commercial production of genetically-modified salmon produced in a facility in eastern P.E.I., says the company that owns the facility in a news release. The AquAdvantage salmon, produced by AquaBounty, are modified to grow at a much faster rate than regular salmon. AquaBounty has created a land-based, self-contained facility for the fish in Rollo Bay. Currently, the company has permission to export GM salmon eggs from P.E.I. to a facility in Indiana to be grown out. The USDA approved the import of the eggs to the Indiana plant last month.
- What the Deep State Fears Most – Dr. Dave Janda
- Putin, Xi Urge End To MAD World. Lord Russell’s Spectre Frowns
- UK Deploying 100 Elite Royal Marines To Gulf After Tanker Attacks
- Economic warning: Why everyone should be following Deutsche Bank
- Gottfried: No, America Isn’t In Danger Of Becoming A Socialist Nation