Kirstjen Nielsen will stay on as secretary until April 10. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen submitted her resignation to President Donald Trump Sunday. "Its been an honor of a lifetime to serve with the brave men and women of @DHSgov. I could not be prouder of and more humbled by their service, dedication, and commitment to keep our country safe from all threats and hazards," Nielsen posted on Twitter, along with a copy of her resignation. Nielsen will stay until April 10 "to assist with an orderly transition and ensure that key DHS missions are not impacted," she stated on Twitter.
- ‘We pray for the caliphate to return’
- 1/2 of England owned by less than 1% of population
- WHO: Experimental Ebola vaccine 97.5% effective, saving lives
- Libyan GNA accuses France of supporting Haftar, halts cooperation with Paris
- Mitt Romney Says He’s “Sickened” By Trump “Dishonesty” Detailed in Mueller Report