If Russia is forced to leave the Council of Europe around the same time the UK leaves the EU, it will have disastrous consequences for the continent, Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Thorbjorn Jagland, has warned. "I believe many people do not understand what a blow it will be for Europe if we get Brexit and Ruxit at the same time. However, it can happen soon," he told Norwegian news agency NTB, about the possibility of Russia leaving the organization this summer. Jagland also maintained that the only way to avert this "looming" disaster is to fully reinstate the rights of the Russian delegation in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), which it was deprived of following Russia's reunification with Crimea. Back in 2014, after Crimea reunited with Russia as a result of the referendum - a move that European nations treated as "annexation" - Moscow's delegation was stripped of its voting rights in PACE as well as being deprived of the right to take part...
- ‘We pray for the caliphate to return’
- 1/2 of England owned by less than 1% of population
- WHO: Experimental Ebola vaccine 97.5% effective, saving lives
- Libyan GNA accuses France of supporting Haftar, halts cooperation with Paris
- Mitt Romney Says He’s “Sickened” By Trump “Dishonesty” Detailed in Mueller Report