If Russia is forced to leave the Council of Europe around the same time the UK leaves the EU, it will have disastrous consequences for the continent, Secretary General of the Council of Europe, Thorbjorn Jagland, has warned. "I believe many people do not understand what a blow it will be for Europe if we get Brexit and Ruxit at the same time. However, it can happen soon," he told Norwegian news agency NTB, about the possibility of Russia leaving the organization this summer. Jagland also maintained that the only way to avert this "looming" disaster is to fully reinstate the rights of the Russian delegation in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), which it was deprived of following Russia's reunification with Crimea. Back in 2014, after Crimea reunited with Russia as a result of the referendum - a move that European nations treated as "annexation" - Moscow's delegation was stripped of its voting rights in PACE as well as being deprived of the right to take part...
- Putin, Xi Urge End To MAD World. Lord Russell’s Spectre Frowns
- UK Deploying 100 Elite Royal Marines To Gulf After Tanker Attacks
- Economic warning: Why everyone should be following Deutsche Bank
- Gottfried: No, America Isn’t In Danger Of Becoming A Socialist Nation
- Netanyahu’s Wife Convicted and Fined $15k for Misusing State Funds