France has ended two months of citizen debates in which Yellow Vest supporters were invited to air their grievances. Parisians who spoke with RT said the meetings were a stunt used by Emmanuel Macron and won't lead to real change. The French president launched his "great debate" in mid-January in response to the popular Yellow Vest protest movement. Up to 500,000 people participated in 10,000 meetings nationwide, with discussion topics ranging from taxes to the environment. The national dialogue has been credited with giving Macron a much-needed boost in the polls - but few seem optimistic that the debates will lead to concrete changes. "It would surprise me if he takes any measures, but I don't expect anything," one Yellow Vest supporter told RT. "Macron has a habit of just talking, but with no results in the end," another activist said. "In my opinion, nothing will come of it." Several Parisians who spoke with RT mused that the debates were also designed to boost support for his...
- Breaking: Evidence Shows Obama’s Top “FBI Executives” Knew Steele Dossier Was a Fraud Before They Signed Multiple FISA Apps to Spy on President Trump
- German Television Station Asks, “Does Islam Belong in Germany?” …Are Stunned by the Results (Video)
- New Facebook lawsuit suggests ‘another Cambridge Analytica’ has come to light
- Hundreds Of “Black Vest” Migrants Seize Paris Airport Terminal: “France Does Not Belong To The French!”
- New Dehli: Group of women kidnap businessman accused of sexual abuse and demand ransom