A sophisticated multi-site terror attack beginning at 1:40pm local time in New Zealand earlier today saw several locations in the city of Christchurch targeted by multiple gunmen, prompting a major security operation and placing much of the country's largest city on lockdown. So far, 49 people have been confirmed killed, while an additional 48 have been injured. Media accounts have begun narrowing the focus to one individual, a 28-year-old Australian man named Brenton Tarrant, who wore a GoPro camera to livestream his part in the attack, but local police report that they have so far arrested four people. The sadistic psychopath attacked the Masjid Al Noor mosque on Deans Avenue, east of the city center, 10 minutes after noon prayers began, so it was full of worshipers as he unloaded multiple magazines from one of several weapons he brought with him. Bodies have also been found in adjacent streets so some of the victims appear to have been shot dead outside the mosque. One was that...
- Dershowitz: Comey committed fraud on FISA court
- The Fed’s Historic Policy Error In One Chart
- The Supreme Court sides with Trump on the detention of immigrants
- Foreign Secretary Hunt: UNHRC ignored our concerns regarding Israel; now we must act
- Brexit: Govt puts military on standby in event of no deal