While online audiences know YouTube comedian Joanna Hausmann from her videos making the case for regime change, her economist father has flown below the radar. His record holds the key to understanding what the U.S. wants in Venezuela. If you've followed Venezuela-related news on social media, you've undoubtedly stumbled across a video released by comedian Joanna Hausmann in which she promises to tell you, What's Happening in Venezuela: Just the Facts. Despite a title designed to instill confidence in the uninformed viewer, upon closer examination the "facts" presented in Hausman's video hardly stand the test of reality. Hausmann, for example, attempted to pass off dubious assertions that Venezuelan opposition leader "Juan Guaidó is not right wing," and that he "did not just declare himself president" of the country. She also claimed that President Nicolas Maduro "made up" the National Constituent Assembly, neglecting to mention that that governing body was clearly defined in the...
- China Is Going to Clone a Small Army of Detective Dogs
- Israel’s Largest Banks Pay Over $1 Billion in Fines for US Tax Evasion Schemes
- Dershowitz: Comey and Others Committed Fraud on FISA Court – Should Be Held in Contempt (VIDEO)
- Cyclone Idai May Be One of the Worst Weather-Related Disasters
- Red Bull wingsuit stunt team’s ‘meteor’ sets Los Angeles skies ablaze