New videos obtained by CNN provide chilling insight into a mystery drone attack against Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro last year-the world's first known attempt to kill a head of state with a retail drone, purchased online and armed by hand with military grade explosives. One man has come forward as an organizer of the attack, saying it was perpetrated by a group of Venezuelan Army defectors and others. In an exclusive interview with CNN, he recounted how they prepared for the attack, and provided cell phone videos of their drones, explosives, and practice flights in the rural farmlands of Colombia. "We have tried every peaceful and democratic way to bring an end to this tyranny that dresses itself as democracy," he told CNN on condition of anonymity, referring to the Maduro regime. "We have friends who are in custody, tortured. This was a hard decision." He also acknowledged that the attack could have killed innocent civilians alongside their target. "That was the risk we had...
- WRONG AGAIN: Ocasio-Cortez Sends Out Another Tweet That Lacks, Uh, Like, Facts
- Breaking: Supreme Court Sides With Trump over Sanctuary Cities in Deportation Case
- Another Anti-Semitic Democrat is running for President
- ‘Spartacus’ Booker Rips Fellow Candidates For ‘Bragging’ About Marijuana Use
- Venezuela: Voices from on the ground vs. the media’s spin circus