A coalition of billionaires led by Bill Gates has thrown its financial weight behind a startup hoping to build a "Google Maps for the earth's crust" to hunt for new sources of cobalt. The startup, Kobold Metals, is using data-crunching algorithms to scour the globe for cobalt, in a bet that there may still be significant undiscovered sources of the metal that has become one of the world's hot commodities thanks to its use in electric vehicle batteries. The company has raised money from Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz and Breakthrough Energy Ventures, a fund backed by Gates and a dozen other tycoons including Jeff Bezos, Ray Dalio and Michael Bloomberg, owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.
- Muslim Sociologist Blames the Jews for the New Zealand Massacre in an Islamic Jew-Hatred Tirade
- Israel/2014: Leaked report: Israel acknowledges Jews in fact Khazars; Secret plan for reverse migration to Ukraine
- Another 10 Christians Killed as Jihad Carnage Continues in Kaduna State, Nigeria
- California psychiatrist’s body found in trunk of car, died of blunt-force injury, police say
- Daily Dose of Aspirin: Risks Outweigh Benefits