Germany does not intend to prevent Chinese tech giant Huawei from developing 5G networks, the country's economy minister said, adding that the EU stands ready to defend its interests, should a trade war with Washington escalate. Berlin will not pre-emptively ban any specific companies from bidding for contracts to develop the country's next generation 5G mobile network, despite immense pressure from the United States to ostracize Huawei, Peter Altmaier said on Thursday evening, during a debate on ZDF television. "No, we will not want to exclude any company," he stressed, explaining that the government is capable of implementing enough safeguards to protect Germany's future networks.
- Apologies To President Trump
- Finally: One Party Stands Up to the Kosher Nostra (Two Guesses and It Ain’t the GOP)
- Who watches the watchdog? Hate monitor group SPLC embroiled in harassment scandal (VIDEO)
- DOJ Concludes Obamacare Unconstitutional And Should Be Struck Down
- EPIC! Trump Campaign Sends List of Russian Collusion Liars to TV Producers