Television news crew this week captured a view of a beached gray whale near the San Pedro coastline. The KABC video surfaced on March 5 and it was unclear how long the whale had been there. The rocky shoreline just off of Point Fermin Park may have made it difficult to completely wash ashore. This is the time of year when gray whales are migrating north from Baja California to Alaska. Recently, false killer whales were spotted along the coast - a rare sighting for the tropical species. Sightings can be followed on the Facebook page for the Los Angeles chapter of the American Cetacean Society which conducts a migration census every year.
- Strong 6.3 earthquake strikes Vanuatu, no tsunami warning so far
- Escalation of US-China tit-for-tat tariffs to tank US GDP by 1 tln dollars in 10 years, study
- Trump Drags McCain AGAIN, Slams Him For Bogus Steele Dossier, Destroying Effort to Repeal and Replace Obamacare, and His Funeral (VIDEO)
- The empire of absurdity grinds on: Recycled neocons, recycled enemies
- New Pro-Israel Group Fails to Recognize Anti-Semitism in the Democratic Party