An internal government document reveals tactics of "economic warfare" and "financial weapons" the US is using against Venezuela in the name of "furthering capitalism." Venezuela has suffered from an economic crisis in recent years, and while the US government and corporate media outlets have blamed this hardship solely on the ruling socialist party, internal US government documents acknowledge that Washington has been using what it clearly describes as "financial weapons" to wage "economic warfare" on the oil-rich South American nation. The quiet admission confirms what Caracas' government has said for years: The United States is waging an economic war on Venezuela, the country with the world's largest oil reserves. Crippling sanctions imposed by the Donald Trump administration have bled Venezuela of billions of dollars. The first United Nations rapporteur to visit the nation in two decades, legal expert Alfred de Zayas, told The Independent that the devastating international...
- Chart Of The Day: China’s Economy Slows To 4.6% In June
- Mexican Court Opens the Way For ‘Recreational Cocaine’
- Will Dems Keep Trump In The White House By Overplaying Race Card?
- Dow jumps more than 200 points
- Hasan Piker of The Young Turks Declares That ‘America Deserved 9-11,’ Praises ‘Brave Soldier’ Who Took Rep. Crenshaw’s Eye