The Book Community has jumped the shark. Who are the 'Book Community'? Well, they're the nebulous group of super-woke flakes who bullied young-adult (YA) fantasy author Amelie Wen Zhao into pulling the publication of her debut novel, Blood Heir. While it wasn't slated for release until June, some review copies had been sent out. Apparently the book has already shaken some readers - and some people who obviously haven't read it - to the core. Zhao's depiction of slavery in one scene has been deemed problematic. Reverse racism, lack of genderqueer representation, and a central antagonist with a limp are some of the other criticisms leveled against it, and Twitter is fuming. Zhao has issued an apology and agreed with her publishers to cancel publication. The novel is probably terrible. I'm not particularly into sword and sorcery stuff - though the fact that it has upset so many flakes has naturally piqued my interest. But you don't need to like, or even read, a book to defend its...
- Phil Robertson | Episode 33
- Rand Paul Was Right… Bob Woodward Says Former CIA Chief John Brennan Included Junk Steele Dossier in Intel Brief
- ‘Health’ apps forwarding your personal details
- Key Events This Week: “Enough To Keep Investors On Their Toes”
- Watch Live: Americans Celebrate Earth Day As Muslims Celebrate Sri Lanka Bombing