U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says he will use the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act to force a vote on a resolution disapproving a decision by President Donald Trump to relax sanctions on companies connected to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska. "After consultation with the relevant committee ranking members and my colleagues, I have concluded that the Treasury Department's proposal is flawed and fails to sufficiently limit Oleg Deripaska's control and influence of these companies, and the Senate should move to block this misguided effort by the Trump administration and keep these sanctions in place," the Democratic senator from New York said in a statement on January 13.
- Cherokee-fraudster Elizabeth Warren wants to end the Electoral College
- A perfect example of how Democratic loyalists fixate on narratives over facts
- Putin’s tells prosecutors to protect “honest businesses”, ensure proper conditions for those awaiting trial
- UBS Warns Q1 “One Of The Worst” In Recent History As IBanking Revenue Implodes
- The Abortion Storyline In Lindy West’s ‘Shrill’ Shouts An Important Truth