U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says he will use the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act to force a vote on a resolution disapproving a decision by President Donald Trump to relax sanctions on companies connected to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska. "After consultation with the relevant committee ranking members and my colleagues, I have concluded that the Treasury Department's proposal is flawed and fails to sufficiently limit Oleg Deripaska's control and influence of these companies, and the Senate should move to block this misguided effort by the Trump administration and keep these sanctions in place," the Democratic senator from New York said in a statement on January 13.
- Russia pushes back against America’s expensive ‘Freedom Gas’
- There Is A New “Most Crowded Trade” On Wall Street
- Taylor Swift’s ‘You Need To Calm Down’ Is Breathtakingly Elitist
- Lawyers for families of Sandy Hook massacre say Alex Jones sent them child pornography
- Trump Planning To Live Tweet Democratic Debates: Report