Secretary of State Mike Pompeo gave a major and extremely embarrassing foreign policy speech in Cairo on Thursday, which is probably inconsequential since his major talking points departed from the positions of his president, Trump. Also, aside from some generals and kings and princes, nobody in the region agrees with anything he said. Pompeo's message to Egypt is that the US plays a positive role in the Middle East and that Obama was wrong to attempt to get out of the region and re-balance toward the Pacific Rim. The US, Pompeo implied, should have taken a stronger hand during the Arab Spring to keep the Muslim religious Right from coming to power, and should have forestalled the rise of ISIL in Iraq and Syria by staying in Iraq. The US, he said, does not want to occupy any country against its will, in contrast to Iran. (Fact check on Pompeo: Iran is not occupying any countries in the Middle East but has given some military assistance to Syria at the request of Damascus. The US...
- France’s Ghosts Of ’68: General Strike Vs. Macron & The Technocrat Elites
- Beware The Lehman Analog: Why Nomura Expects The Rally To Reverse Sharply On Friday
- IS claims suicide attack on coalition patrol in Syria
- Here We Go… The View Hosts Quickly Go from Steve King is Racist to Racist Trump Should Resign (VIDEO)
- Ranchers along border finding prayer rugs