The mayor of Poland's northern city of Gdansk, who was critically injured by a knifeman during a charity concert performance, has succumbed to his wounds in hospital, a medical official has said. Mayor Pawel Adamowicz was on Sunday stabbed several times by a man claiming to have been wrongfully accused and jailed. Known only as Stefan W., the attacker ran to the stage at an annual charity event collecting money for Polish medical facilities. The assault took place right in front of a crowd of people. The knifeman then grabbed the microphone, accusing the mayor's party, The Civil Platform, of his alleged ordeal. The 53-year-old Adamowicz suffered a serious injury to the heart as well as cuts to his diaphragm and abdominal organs and had to be resuscitated right on stage before being hospitalized. He underwent emergency surgery and was placed on life support "in a very critical condition," Jerzy Karpinski, a physician with the Gdansk regional health department, told the Polish PAP...
- What the Deep State Fears Most – Dr. Dave Janda
- Putin, Xi Urge End To MAD World. Lord Russell’s Spectre Frowns
- UK Deploying 100 Elite Royal Marines To Gulf After Tanker Attacks
- Economic warning: Why everyone should be following Deutsche Bank
- Gottfried: No, America Isn’t In Danger Of Becoming A Socialist Nation