An attorney for the accused architect of the Sept. 11 attacks told a judge in a secret session last year that CIA Director Gina Haspel ran a secret agency outpost at Guantánamo, an apparent reference to a post-9/11 black site, according to a recently declassified transcript. The claim by Rita Radostitz, a lawyer for Khalid Sheik Mohammed, appears in one paragraph of a partially redacted transcript of a secret hearing held at Guantánamo on Nov. 16. Defense lawyers were arguing, in a motion that ultimately failed, that Haspel's role at the prison precludes the possibility of a fair trial for the men accused of orchestrating the 9/11 attacks who were also held for years in covert CIA prisons. Neither the public nor the accused was allowed to attend the hearing but, following an intelligence review, the Pentagon released portions of its transcript on a war court website.
- Debunking The Disaster Myth Narrative: No One Panics, No One Loots, No One Goes Hungry
- Cancer Cluster At California Elementary School Results In Removal Of Sprint Cell Phone Tower
- Breaking: Fired FBI Director Jim Comey Turns on Bob Mueller
- …And Now For Confrontation In Space
- Prosecutor takes heat for dropping Smollett charges