Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is already making enemies in the House Democratic Caucus - and some of its members are mounting an operation to bring the anti-establishment, democratic socialist with 2.2 million Twitter followers into the fold. The effort, described by nearly 20 lawmakers and aides, is part carrot, part stick: Some lawmakers with ties to Ocasio-Cortez are hoping to coax her into using her star power to unite Democrats and turn her fire on Republicans. Others simultaneously warn Ocasio-Cortez is destined for a lonely, ineffectual career in Congress if she continues to treat her own party as the enemy. "I'm sure Ms. Cortez means well, but there's almost an outstanding rule: Don't attack your own people," said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.). "We just don't need sniping in our Democratic Caucus." Incumbent Democrats are most annoyed by Ocasio-Cortez's threat to back primary opponents against members of their ranks she deems too moderate. But their frustration goes beyond that:...
- ‘Patriots Beat Chiefs’: Viral Memes Blast Native American’s MAGA Teen Confrontation
- Why You Should Cancel Netflix
- Hungary Accuses EU of “Hoodwinking” Continent Over Migration Crisis
- President Trump Traveled to Dover AFB on Saturday to Honor Four Americans Killed in Syria
- Native American Activist Who Claimed ‘Harassment’ Actually Leftist Operative