A U.S. guided-missile destroyer sailed near the disputed Paracel Islands in the South China Sea claimed by China as U.S. officials meet their counterparts in Beijing for talks during a truce in a bitter trade war. The USS McCampbell carried out a "freedom of navigation" operation, sailing within 12 nautical miles of the Paracel Island chain, "to challenge excessive maritime claims," Pacific Fleet spokeswoman Rachel McMarr said in an emailed statement. The operation was not about any one country or to make a political statement, McMarr said. The statement comes as trade talks between China and the United States are under way in Beijing, the first round of face-to-face discussions since both sides agreed to a 90-day truce in a trade war that has roiled international markets.
- Re-establishing Your Soul Mind Connection by Lord Melchizedek
- BOOM! Hannity Asks Trump About Italy, UK, Australia Officials Spying on his Campaign, Trump adds, “And Ukraine” (VIDEO)
- NXIVM Sex-Cult Leader Keith Raniere Found Guilty On All Counts
- Gold Spikes As 10Y Yield Plunges Below 2.00% For First Time Since Nov 2016
- Republican resistance: Big Tech censorship targeted for kill