The most important thing we must do to save our democracy is get big money out of politics. It's a prerequisite to accomplishing everything else. Today, big money continues to corrupt American politics - creating a vicious cycle that funnels more wealth and power to those at the top and eroding our democracy. In the 2018 midterm elections, wealthy donors and Super-PACs poured millions into the campaigns of the same lawmakers who voted to pass the 2017 tax cuts, which gave them huge windfalls. Consider conservative donors Sheldon and Miriam Adelson, whose casino business received an estimated $700 million windfall, thanks to President Donald Trump and Republicans' tax cuts. The couple then used some of this extra cash to plow more than $113 million into the 2018 election, breaking the record for political contributions by a single household. That's not a bad return on investment - for them.
- Review of ‘The Big Short’: Essential Viewing
- Bangladeshi PM Sheikh Hasina’s Family Targeted In Sri Lanka Blasts
- Kamala Harris: We Should Have Conversation if Boston Bomber Should Get to Vote from Death Row (VIDEO)
- The Weakening Of Earth’s Magnetic Field Has Greatly Accelerated, And That Could Have Apocalyptic Implications For All Of Us
- How CIA & Allies Helped Jihadists In Syria: French Covert Ops Expert Exposes New Details