Russian President Vladimir Putin gave an intelligent, heartfelt and generous address to all Russians for the New Year. His words contained wisdom and original inspiration, spoken eloquently and at length, seemingly without cue cards. By contrast, US President Donald Trump gave a churlish, selfish and shallow greeting to "some" of his citizens, a partisan address that was replete with divisiveness, militaristic jingoism and a few token words of cheer thrown in. The two contrasting styles, and substance, say everything about the two political cultures. Russia's is mature and intelligent. America's, especially under Trump, has become openly self-centered, superficial and aggressive. For starters, Putin gave a nationwide televised address in which he spoke from the Kremlin fluently for nearly four minutes without a single word misplaced. He was speaking from outdoors as could be seen from his exhaled breath touching the frigid air. For his part, Trump didn't actually give a nationwide...
- Cherokee-fraudster Elizabeth Warren wants to end the Electoral College
- A perfect example of how Democratic loyalists fixate on narratives over facts
- Putin’s tells prosecutors to protect “honest businesses”, ensure proper conditions for those awaiting trial
- UBS Warns Q1 “One Of The Worst” In Recent History As IBanking Revenue Implodes
- The Abortion Storyline In Lindy West’s ‘Shrill’ Shouts An Important Truth