UK-backed covert influence network apparently planned to use its connections to ensure Hollywood and foreign-language films put out a pro-Western message and sought to influence awards like the Oscars and Baftas, show leaked docs. "We need to refocus and reenergize 'Western' entertainment to combat increasing authoritarianism and illiberal tendencies worldwide, how to go about doing so BUT without it being 'propaganda'," states an undated "Memorandum" uploaded online last week, in the fourth tranche of leaks from the international Foreign Office-funded Integrity Initiative. The PDF document title bears the name of Victor Madeira, a leading researcher at the Institute for Statecraft, the parent body of Integrity Initiative, who has featured extensively in files that have been anonymously leaked online since early November.
- There Is A New “Most Crowded Trade” On Wall Street
- Taylor Swift’s ‘You Need To Calm Down’ Is Breathtakingly Elitist
- Lawyers for families of Sandy Hook massacre say Alex Jones sent them child pornography
- Trump Planning To Live Tweet Democratic Debates: Report
- Medical IDs: Enemy of Privacy, Liberty, and Health