The National Weather Service has issued avalanche warnings for the Sierra Nevada Sunday after a winter storm dumped heavy snow on the region. The Sierra Avalanche Center issued a backcountry avalanche warning for the Lake Tahoe area stretching south into the Sierra along the California-Nevada line from noon Sunday until 7 a.m. Monday. The National Weather Service says blizzard conditions with gale-force winds could trigger widespread avalanche activity. Two feet (61 centimeters) of snow was reported at Mammoth Mountain 150 miles (241.39 kilometers) south of Tahoe.
- Tylenol damages the brains of children, research reveals
- US-based investment fund triples its stake in Russia’s internet giant Yandex
- Fake News networks trashed Trump with 90% negative spin in 2018 – but did it matter?
- Vegans take ‘twice as many sick days’ as their carnivore colleagues
- Why questioning Zionism is forbidden within the mainstream Jewish community