"Look. You can't plan out your life. What you have to do is first discover your passion-what you really care about." Barack Obama, as quoted by David Gergen (cited in Jachimowicz et al, 2018). Last Saturday, the first of two BPS career events took place - "perfect for anyone looking to discover where psychology can take them in their chosen career." A second follows in London on Dec 4. If, like many, you are searching for your calling in life - perhaps you are still unsure whether psychology is for you, or which area of the profession aligns with what you most care about - here are five digested research findings worth taking into consideration: There's a difference between having a harmonious passion and an obsessive passion If you can find a career path or occupational goal that fires you up, you are more likely to succeed and find happiness through your work - that much we know from a deep research literature. But beware - since a seminal paper published in 2003 by the Canadian...
- Russian Plans for This Week’s European Union Elections
- Spectacular light show as meteor fireball lights up south-eastern Australia
- Buchanan: Has The Day Of The Nationalists Come For Europe?
- Turkey: Erdogan Describes Armenian Genocide as ‘Reasonable Relocation’
- Trump: ‘Hateful’ Dems On ‘Fishing Expedition’, Want ‘Do-Over’ On Mueller Report