The new benefit has a five-week waiting time built in which means anyone claiming today will not get support until the New Year. Ten thousand Scots will be left penniless at Christmas after being transferred to Universal Credit. The new benefit has a five-week waiting time built into the system which means anyone claiming today will not get support until the New Year. Universal Credit, which bundles six old benefits together, is being rolled out across Scotland. The UK Government claimed it would "simplify" payments and guide people into work. But Scottish Government Social Security Secretary Shirley-Anne Somerville said the switch-over will leave thousands of new claimants with no income over the festive period.
- Brian Stelter Releases Racy Burlesque Christmas Calendar, Shocks Alex Jones
- Code Pink Uses Democrat Socialist Ocasio-Cortez in Campaign to Trash Israel
- Mueller Scrubbed Messages From Peter Strzok’s iPhone; OIG Recovers 19,000 New “FBI Lovebird” Texts
- The endgame in Maria Butina’s cruel ordeal
- Parrot tries to order items using Amazon’s Alexa