A Conservative Party MP has suggested using the prospect of food shortages to force Ireland to capitulate on the Brexit 'backstop' deal for Northern Ireland - and Twitter has let loose with some lessons from history. In a British government report, leaked to the Times of London, MP Priti Patel suggested that potential food shortages in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit should have been used as leverage to force Ireland to give up the 'backstop' - an agreed guarantee that there will be no hard border imposed between Ireland and Northern Ireland. If the food issue had been pressed, Patel says, Britain could have gone back to Brussels to "get a better deal." Given the history between the two islands, which involved a famine that killed a million people and which many Irish regard as genocide by Britain, it didn't go down well when Patel suggested using food as a weapon in Brexit negotiations.
- GATEWAY PUNDIT EXCLUSIVE: UK’s Spy Confession is a Lie and We Caught Them – Kavalec Notes Prove UK Was Spying on Trump Earlier Than Reported
- 16-Year-Old Conservative CJ Pearson DESTROYS Rapper Offset Over His ‘Slavory’ Tweet (VIDEO)
- Zero Hedge: CNN & MSNBC Rigged Polls for Joe Biden Against Bernie Sanders — We are Shocked, Shocked, by this Meddling in US “Democracy”
- At least 14 dead after flash floods in Bamako, Mali
- Worth a Look: Free Digital Maps Including Peters Projection