Critical thinking can feel in short supply these days. Politics is more polarized than ever, the president regularly dismisses his opposition as enemies, losers, or phonies, while critics of the president cannot bear the thought of ever entertaining support for his ideas or actions. If a lack of civility in public discourse is the problem, a lack of critical thinking may be partly to blame. A recent study by the Reboot Foundation, which was founded to fund research on critical thinking and develop resources for parents and schools, concluded that while the American public claims to engage with opposing views, people don't actually do so in practice.
- BREAKING: LAURA LOOMER Storms Stage at Anti-Semitic Women’s March — Screams “Women’s March Hates Jews!” #FightBigotry (VIDEO)
- The Mother Of All Short Setups?
- It’s time to retoxify masculinity
- Intel Drop: Did We Just Catch “Buzzfeed” Trying to Bring Down Mueller?
- Russia’s gold continues to set records, increasing trade in Euro and Yuan