In a public Facebook post made today, University of Sydney academic Dr Tim Anderson announced that he has been "suspended from [his] position as a senior lecturer and banned from entering the university." The decision follows a long-standing series of investigations made by the University's Review Committee into Anderson's public conduct, chaired by Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor Stephen Garton. In a letter addressed by Garton to Anderson, shared with Anderson's Facebook post, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor explains that Anderson was in breach of his contract of employment and several University policies through the distribution of certain lecture materials.
- University: Our nondiscrimination policy trumps Constitution
- Woman’s disturbing death note to her aborted baby goes viral
- U.S. internet speeds skyrocket 1 year after net-neutrality repeal
- Australia expected to recognize West Jerusalem as capital of Israel
- Macron had escape helicopter on standby to escape protests