Russian President Vladimir Putin opened the meeting of the Eurasian Economic Council Thursday by calling on the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) to consider the idea of creating a common payment infrastructure. "We suggest that the issue of creating common payment infrastructure using up-to-date financial technologies in EEU should be developed," he said. "That would enhance sustainability of national payment systems of the EEU countries by making them less dependent on the dollar and other foreign currencies," the Russian president explained. This means "boosting economic sovereignty," Putin added.
- BREAKING: LAURA LOOMER Storms Stage at Anti-Semitic Women’s March — Screams “Women’s March Hates Jews!” #FightBigotry (VIDEO)
- The Mother Of All Short Setups?
- It’s time to retoxify masculinity
- Intel Drop: Did We Just Catch “Buzzfeed” Trying to Bring Down Mueller?
- Russia’s gold continues to set records, increasing trade in Euro and Yuan