The Democrats managed to retake the House in November's midterm elections but it didn't quite amount to the impending 'blue wave' that was prophesied. One Democrat senator believes she knows the reason why. Speaking to Canadian-American writer and journalist Dahlia Lithwick at a conference in Washington DC Tuesday, Senator Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) argued that Democrats were more adept at appealing to voters' minds than their hearts when asked how Democrats could improve voter turnout. "We're really good at shoving out all the information that touch people here [pointing to her head] but not here [pointing to her heart]," Hirono said.
- Cow hugging: More people are turning to a variety of animals for mental health
- Meditation: Wisdom in the silence
- From vaccines to statins: Dr. David Brownstein replies to fake news in JAMA Cardiology
- Motor neurone disease researchers find link to microbes in gut
- Japan’s neighbors will closely observe PM Abe’s policy after election