I confess I had never heard of Marc Lamont Hill until CNN fired him for his November 28 speech at the United Nations on the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People before the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People (CEIRPP) If truth be told, I had not heard of CEIRPP either. It was established by UN Resolution 3376 in 1975 to formulate a program to enable the Palestinian people to exercise (1) their inalienable right to self-determination, national independence and sovereignty, and (2) the right of Palestine refugees to return. So the long knives must have been out for Professor Hill (his day job is at Temple University in Philadelphia) when he agreed to fly back from a trip to Palestine and address CEIRPP in the first place, since Israel and the American Jewish establishment must consider the very existence of CEIRPP and its raison d'être to be an existential challenge to the Jewish State. When I went to the web for the...
- Cow hugging: More people are turning to a variety of animals for mental health
- Meditation: Wisdom in the silence
- From vaccines to statins: Dr. David Brownstein replies to fake news in JAMA Cardiology
- Motor neurone disease researchers find link to microbes in gut
- Japan’s neighbors will closely observe PM Abe’s policy after election