Is there an answer to the problem of identity politics in America? For some, the "solution" is direct. "We need to take on the oppression narrative," conservative commentator Heather Mac Donald said at a Heritage Foundation gathering on Capitol Hill. Americans need to "rebut" the idea "that every difference in American society today is the result by definition of discrimination," Mac Donald said during the event Monday, called "Identity Politics Is a Threat to Society. Is There Anything We Can Do About It at This Point?" Without challenging this overarching narrative, the Manhattan Institute fellow said, "there is going to be no end to identity politics."
- Cow hugging: More people are turning to a variety of animals for mental health
- Meditation: Wisdom in the silence
- From vaccines to statins: Dr. David Brownstein replies to fake news in JAMA Cardiology
- Motor neurone disease researchers find link to microbes in gut
- Japan’s neighbors will closely observe PM Abe’s policy after election