Russia has completed trials of its new system, which swiftly detects enemy mortar and artillery fire and provides targeting information for counter-fire. Unlike Western counterparts, it does not use radar to do the job. The development of the 1B75 Penicillin was first revealed last year. It's a counter-artillery system similar in purpose to the US AN/TPQ-37 Firefinder. The system detects enemy mortar and artillery fire and pinpoints origin of the shells, allowing troops to retaliate with deadly precision. What makes the Russian product stand out is that it does not use radar to track the projectiles and instead relies on other signals.
- SPLC president stepping down amid misconduct allegations
- Exclusive Audio: CAIR-LA Executive Director Announces Plans to Expand and Mobilize Muslim Community – Open 80 New Mosques in California
- Fake News for sale: Guardian and Open Philanthropy Project ink deal to pen stories
- No, Barr’s Summary Of The Mueller Report Does Not Support Trump’s Alleged Obstruction
- Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey: See you soon