We hear it all the time, "Everyone in my family is overweight, and I have been overweight my whole life. It is simply in my genes." While that may be true, we now have evidence that we can overcome genetic predispositions to obesity. Eurek Alert: Despite common obesity gene variants obese children lose weight after lifestyle changes A recent publication in the journal Obesity reported on a study in Danish kids and adolescents age 6-18 years. The authors used data from prior studies identifying 15 genetic polymorphisms (SNPs, or gene mutations) that predispose kids to becoming obese. The first part of the study verified that these SNPs did indeed correlate with increased BMI in this Danish cohort.
- Bringing Compassion to Justice: How Would Our World Look if there Was More Compassion and Less Punishment?
- Google and Big Tech Are Already Implementing Their Chinese-Tested Blacklists on US Conservatives
- House Freedom Caucus Unanimously Opts to Condemn Justin Amash’s Impeachment Position
- Nadler Threatens McGahn With “Serious Consequences” If He Does Not Testify Tomorrow Morning
- Study Identifies Hundreds Of Coordinated ‘Anti-Trump’ Instagram Trolls