We hear it all the time, "Everyone in my family is overweight, and I have been overweight my whole life. It is simply in my genes." While that may be true, we now have evidence that we can overcome genetic predispositions to obesity. Eurek Alert: Despite common obesity gene variants obese children lose weight after lifestyle changes A recent publication in the journal Obesity reported on a study in Danish kids and adolescents age 6-18 years. The authors used data from prior studies identifying 15 genetic polymorphisms (SNPs, or gene mutations) that predispose kids to becoming obese. The first part of the study verified that these SNPs did indeed correlate with increased BMI in this Danish cohort.
- Rebellious Tories Force ‘No Confidence’ Vote; Pound Rallies As May Expected To Prevail
- Bomb threat at Facebook’s Silicon Valley campus, police sound ‘all clear’
- Trudeau government signs UN Global Compact On Migration, dealing a devastating blow to Canadian sovereignty
- Europe Struggles As The ECB Pretends To Know What They’re Doing
- France: A Revolt against Europe’s Elites?